7. Project
Attributes – Describe the attributes of a project? What are your expectations as major
stakeholders in this class (CIS1513)?
What do you expect to get out of the class? What do you expect from the instructor,
the classmates, and yourself in order for the class to be a success?
The attributes of a project is having a good leader, organization skills, and good communication skills. The PM should know how to stay in budget, properly use the resources given and address any roadblocks.
My expectations as a major stakeholder of this class is to get an understanding of the step by step PM process and hands on experience to help me take the PMP certification in a few months. I want to know which PM software is mostly used in PM positions such as Clarity, Project, Visio, etc. I want to know what's different about the recent upgraded PM certification test? Where can I practice the test online? What software does the IT department mostly use when managing projects? Is it really hard going in the IT PM field knowing it's not your background? I would like each classmate to behave as if we are in a real working environment in order to get a real feel of managing a project.
I personally want a better understanding of what the companies are looking for when using these software. I need to know at least the basics when using these software. For 6 months I've attended study groups at work, studied PM through my learning portal at work, took an Office Depot PM 2 day core training class, managed projects in my previous and current position and now my current class. I basically need visuals, resources and any helpful hints to move forward in the PM world!
Wow, looks like you're really going after this. I, however, am looking for a more topical understanding of the subject. I am working on a degree in computer programming looking to get into designing video games through programming. I know, though, that I can't do that just by knowing programming; I have to also understand the business and management aspects of it as well.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, what Chris said. We seem to want to get into the same field, but I want to own and run my own video game studio. So even though I don't want to be a program manager, I am most likely going to be one.
ReplyDeleteGood!
ReplyDelete